Events For Week ending 16th July 2017

Moderator: lubbylegs

Events For Week ending 16th July 2017

Postby barrie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 am

Finally got to ride a race this weekend after 2 x cancellations and a holiday interruption.

Saturday 15th BDCA 50tt
Apparently not that bad a day weather wise with a forecast head/side wind out [up the hill] and a tail wind back’ however I am not entirely sure how it affected the route as the hill did not seem as bad as first thought. At the HQ the wind did seem more than expected.

Rider’s results
Helen Bailey – 02:16:12 [New PB}
Tracy R – 02:09:03 {New PB]
Chris Hall – DNF [fell off due to road debris wrapping his rear wheel – just cuts and sore knee thankfully]
Me – 02:04:38 – I seemed to struggled today, but a very well done to the ladies who did brilliantly. and getting new PB’s

Chris B was at the event with Helen offering support and I thought he would suffer on the Anfield course the next day with a problem shoulder – well done Chris for even attempting that course with an injury

Sunday 16th July 2017 – Shelby 10tt V718 event start 9:00am so very early start.

Weather not as bad as at home, dry, 20 degrees but a little windy, an 8/9mph NW wind giving a full head wind on the return.

Time 23:03 not a great time as struggled in the HW as legs gave up [conclusion; to old now for 2 events on consecutive days but you never learn and will no doubt say the same thing next time this happens]

Onward and Upward

Baz
barrie

Return to Timetrialing